A beautiful and unusual yarn crafted by Japan artisans. The stainless steel core is wrapped with a fine silk to give us a lace yarn which has a memory from the stainless steel! You can scrunch your finished fabric, twist it, scrunch it and it will stay in shape until you straighten it. Use it to give a gentle crinkly effect or a three dimensional finish to your handmade creation.
Available in stunning colours our Silk Stainless Steel yarn has a very elegant sheen and lustre. There is a gentle softness too – surprisingly there is no stiffness from the stainless steel.
Use Habu Silk Stainless Steel yarn to create a scarf, shawl, jacket jewelry and textile art. 1 cone will make a large scarf. Or use it to add some structure to another yarn.
- Stainless Steel wrapped with Silk
- Strong and soft
- Crafted by small mills in Japan using traditional techniques
The sample shown is knitted using 5.0mm needles and single thread and we love the natural pleats and curves which form in the finished fabric. Find out all the details about this scarf here Tin Roof Scarf.
- 69% silk / 31% stainless steel
- Weight: 14gm / 0.5oz
- Length: 284m / 311 yards
- Knitting needle: approx 2.75 – 4.0m / US 2-6
- Suggested epi for weaving: 20 – 30
- Habu Textiles A-20
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash
Beautifully packaged, Deb answered all my questions & was happy to order this colourway for me.
Very happy with all of my purchases - thankyou!
Beautiful! Nicely packed. Arrived on time.
Know this yarn well. Almost all gone already 😁 . Yes, exactly what I expected.
I wish you had more colors