Our beautiful Raw Banana yarn in sunshine colours is eco friendly with a wonderfully rustic texture that lends itself perfectly to baskets, plant hangers, bags, mats, gift wrapping and even around the house and garden.
Completely natural Banana yarn is easy on the hands and soft enough to weave, macrame, knit or crochet with.
Banana yarn is a bast fibre made from the non-fruit bearing species of the banana plant (Musus Textillis) and is a very strong and incredibly durable fibre. This natural vegan yarn is made from the stem of the banana tree with the stem cut into chunks before the fibre is extracted. After sun drying for several days the fibre is then hand spun to create the finished yarn.
- 100% Banana Fibre
- Length: approx 38m / 41.55 yards
- Weight: approx 100 gms / 3.5oz
- Thickness: approx 2-4mm / 0.078- 0.15in
- Eco friendly and biodegradable.
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment