Fairtrade Hemp Twine
Our Fairtrade Hemp twine is strong, smooth to the touch and 100% natural.
Easy to work with and ideal for bracelets, jewelry, necklaces, baskets, string bags and crafts. Very useful also around the home, in the garden, for macrame, weaving, knitting and crochet.
Highly absorbent, yet quick to dry and highly resistent to mould and rotting - try knitting or crocheting a face washer or exfoliating mat for a beautifully natural addition to your daily routine.
Hemp takes on a more luxurious feel with washing, softening and developing a gorgeous patina.
Handmade by female communities in Bangladesh the manufacturing process is as pure as possible with no chemicals used to treat or soften the hemp. Hemp is very eco-friendly being a highly sustainable, low impact crop which is completely biodegradable.
These artisans have been hand making twine and jute since 1982 and are trained in the tradition of Bengal rope makers.
- 100% natural hemp material
- Weight: approx 100gm / 3.9oz
- Length: 50m / 54.7 yards
- Approx 2mm / 0.08 inch thick
- Please note that this yarn is not colourfast
- Suggest approx 5.5mm crochet hook
- Fairtrade artisans.
You can see all of our other Hemp here
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
Thanks for the excellent service!