This stunning silk cord from Habu Textiles has been crafted using a traditional Japanese cord making method. Threads of tsumugi silk are held together with a finer silk thread to create a lovely thick silk cord which is ideal for jewelry, bracelets, necklaces, beading and bags.
Tsumugi silk is spun from silk waste and has soft nubs which create a gentle unevenness and add beautiful texture to the matt finish yarn.
Our stunning Tsumugi Silk Combination yarn feels like soft cotton and is very easy to work with.
- Silk cord wrapped with silk
- Strong and soft
- Crafted by small mills in Japan using traditional techniques.
- 100% silk wrapped with silk
- Weight: 28gm / 1oz
- Length: 71.3m / 78 yards
- Knitting needle: approx 3.25 – 4.0m / US 3-6
- Habu Textiles A-111
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Crochet bag by @this_archipelago uses #194 Sesami.
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas using our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash
Perfect for me to use in textile art and as embellishment for felted vessels
unique yarn, very beautiful and lovely texture
Beautiful yarn, I've loved everything I've purchased from this fabulous store.
Simply gorgeous! I use it for weaving, it's easy to work with and creates a wonderful texture.\nShipping was fast and Debbie provides great service. Thanks a lot!
This thickness of yarn weaves a fine little basket!