Kakishibu Cotton Gima Japanese Yarn
This beautiful Cotton Gima from Habu Textiles is naturally dyed using Kakishibu, a traditional Japanese natural dye, which is made by fermenting persimmons and ageing the juice for at least 2 years.
Our unique Cotton tape yarn has a linen-like feel and will gently soften as you use it and wash it.
Delightful knitted up for hats, tops, scarves and being 100% cotton it is perfect for summer wear. Kakishibu Gima is also extremely strong as a warp yarn for weaving.
- 100% Cotton
- Weight: approx 14gm / 0.5oz
- Length: 120m / 132 yards
- Suggested knitting needle: 2.25 – 3.25mm (US 1-3)
- Suggested epi for weaving: 12-15
- Weight: lace
- Habu Textiles A-11
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash
Packaged well and arrived safe and sound in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks!!
Hi Debbie. Im so excited! Omg Im in love with all these yarns. They are top notch stunning. Thank you sooo much and for the extra freebie. Much appreciated.\nFrancoise