Kakishibu Ramie Lace Yarn
Kakishibu Ramie is a superb, natural yarn which has been naturally dyed to give these beautiful colors with subtle variations throughout.
The persimmon shade is dyed with the fermented juice of persimmons, orange is dyed using naturally occurring iron-oxide and the charcoal has been dyed with charcoal.
Ramie is an extremely strong plant fibre, part of the nettle family.
Gorgeous used in a lacey shawl, scarf or garment and can be used as warp or weft in weaving.
- 100% Ramie
- Weight: approx 14gm / 0.5oz
- Length: 170m / 186.5 yards
- Suggested knitting needle: 2.25 – 3.25mm (US 1-3)
- Suggested epi for weaving: 20-30
- Weight: lace
- Habu Textiles A-13
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Hand wash
Wonderful, love them so Much ! Thank you
Beautifull Yarn !! Perfect for weaving
These threads really are special. Absolutely wonderful, gentle tonal shifts throughout their earthy-natural colourings ...so very beautiful, as was my order. Couldn't be any happier, perfect service and presentation too. Thank you so much.