Kibiso Natural Silk yarn is another unusual and beautiful Japanese yarn. It has a beautiful crisp feel with a full body and great structure - which softens a little with use or washing.
Kibiso is the protective outer surface of the silk cocoon and is normally discarded as part of the milling and spinning process. This artisan yarn is crafted from the waste product with the remaining sericin giving the yarn it's body. You can remove the sericin (degum) and the yarn will transform into something which is very soft and fuzzy - a complete contrast!
Kibiso Silk will add wonderful texture to a garment, textile art, jewelry or bag. Surprisingly when knitted or crocheted it makes into a wonderfully light garment with a translucent quality. Kibiso Silk is also gorgeous in your weaving (warp or weft).
Kibiso silk is also available in colours and a chunky version.
- 100% silk
- Weight: approx 28gm / 1oz
- Length: 274m / 300 yards
- Suggested needle: 2.75-5.00mm (US 2-8)
- Suggested epi for weaving: 15 - 20
- Lace / novelty
- Habu Textiles N-63b
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean