Genuinely handmade using 100% upcycled cotton sari material, we love our Upcycled Sari Twine!
Strong, pliable and versatile try using this unique twine in a wide variety of crafts including weaving, macrame, basket making, gift wrap, string bags and boho jewellery including bracelets and necklaces. You can knit and crochet with it too or even use as piping cord.
This is a handmade product from the textile remnants of cotton sari manufacture - each ball is unique and our selection of colours and patterns changes constantly! Let me know in the order notes if you have a colour preference otherwise I will surprise you!
- Hand twisted
- Vegan friendly using cotton saris
- Fair Trade producer
- Repurposes upcycled materials
- Handmade by female artisans in Bangladesh in the tradition of Bengal rope makers.
- 100% Upcycled Cotton
- Diameter: approx 2mm / 0.08 inch. approx 12wpi
- Length: 25m / 27.3 yards
- Weight: approx 45-50gm / 1.4 - 1.75oz
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- There may be slight variations between dye lots
- Gentle hand wash in cold water
The recycled sari twine is lovely quality, the colours are really vibrant and arrived beautifully packaged. Thank you!
I opened the parcel and revealed a delight of colour, textures…even smells. Loved every item.
Thank you 🙏🏼 I look forward to using this 😊