Wild Silkworm Cocoons
These beautiful golden Silk Cocoons are so interesting and unique! Cricula cocoons are covered in small, uneven holes which create the beautiful, lacey effect. They are at their most beautiful used in their natural form as embellishments and surface decoration or trims. Or for incorporating into felting or weavings.
There are lots of gorgeous examples on the web, including Pinterest, where the cocoons are used to create fabulous jewellery pieces and unique textiles.
- 100% wild silk
- Silkworms are not harmed as the silk caps are harvested after the new silkworm has emerged and left the cocoon
- Weight: approx 14gm / 0.5oz
- Approx 200 cocoons per packet
- Each cocoon is approx. 4.5 x 5cm (1.5 x 1.75inchs) and almost as light as air – but not fragile
- Habu Textiles F-7
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Hand wash
I am in the process of making a basket with them. I’m looking forward to creating with them
Very nice silkwork cocoons for crafts. Thank you very much! Louise
Absolutely wonderful item that I’ve discovered. This shop has so many beautiful products that just teases me to buy and go craft-crazy.
Amazing and in great condition! Thank you!
These are indeed very beautiful little pieces in and of themselves. I look forward to using them in my creations. Thank you Debbie.