Tokken Silk is a glorious silk yarn which has a linen like texture due to the "sizing" which is a coating which gives the yarn a gentle, crisp touch. The yarn has little "nubs" along it which create soft interest in your finished creation. Fabulous knitted, crocheted or woven (warp or weft) and lovely and soft when worn against the skin.
The sizing makes it a very easy yarn to work with too. Try carrying 2 or 3 strands together - or mix it up with different colours for fabulous effect!
- 100% silk
- Weight: 28gm / 1oz
- Length: 475.5m / 520 yards
- Knitting needle: approx 2.25 – 3.75mm / US 1-5
- Suggested epi for weaving: 15-20
- Habu Textiles A-165
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash
Thread is lovely to stitch with in textile art. I wish it came in a brighter colour gold.
Superfine silk yarn with natural character and subtle shine.\nGreat service and fast shipping. Thank you!
Gorgeous! Debbie is such a professional business owner! Thank you!
Wonderful thread.. Lovely color- super fast service