Two of the most ancient fibres, Ramie and Linen, are combined to create this beautiful natural yarn with a linen-like feel and a gentle springiness to the touch.
Ramie and Linen threads are gently plied together to craft a unique yarn which has all the wonderful natural properties of both fibres.
Weave, knit or crochet Habu Textiles Ramie Linen yarn to create a wonderful fabric which is strong, light, durable, absorbent and comfortable to wear and ideal for warm weather. Ramie Linen "Chibi" yarn can also be dyed and will keep its shape well.
Ramie and Linen have been used for thousands of years for the creation of textiles and both are bast fibres, derived from plant stalks and grown sustainably.
Knitted sample using 3.5mm needles. Crochet sample using 2.5mm hook
- 73% Ramie / 27% Linen
- Weight: approx 48.2gm / 1.7oz
- Length: 210m / 230 yards
- Suggested knitting needle: 2.25 – 3.75mm (US 1-5)
- Suggested epi for weaving: 15-20
- Weight: lace
- Diameter of thread: approx 2mm/ 0.08in
- Habu Textiles N-117
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash