Sasawashi Bamboo Paper Yarn
Sasawashi Bamboo is a completely natural raffia-like yarn which is so much fun to knit, crochet, weave or craft with!
Smooth and supple to the touch, Sasawashi has a cord-like appearance and is super easy to work with and just perfect for summer hats, bags and baskets.
Made from the Bear Bamboo (Kumusasa) plant which grows only above 1000 metres elevation, Sasawashi has amazing natural properties including strength, water repellence, anti-bacterial and UV resistance.
This fascinating yarn can be used just like raffia and is available in a range of gorgeous colors.
- Vegan yarn
- Breathes naturally and is smooth against the skin
- Water repellent, anti-bacterial and UV resistant
- Made from the Bear Bamboo (Kumusasa) plant which grows only above 1000 metres elevation.
This completely natural yarn is made by Yokota Daruma who have been making hand knitting yarn and sewing threads in Japan since 1901.
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
- 100% KUMASASA bamboo
- Weight: 25gm / 0.9oz
- Length: approx. 48m / 52.5 yards
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Hand wipe with damp cloth
Gorgeous yarn, super fast delivery. Thanks so much Debbie
Love all the fiber, great shop