Our beautiful Nettle yarn is soft and hand spun with the natural texture and occasional over spin creating a lovely thick and thin slub effect.
Fabric crafted from Nettle softens beautifully with wear, does not itch or scratch and is gentle against the skin with a lovely drape.
The fibres of the nettle are hollow which gives nettle fabric natural insulating properties - keeping you lovely and warm in winter and cool in summer.
A highly sustainable and eco friendly crop, Nettle is naturally resistant to pests and disease and is pesticide and fertiliser free. It is a much greener fibre than many other plant-based alternatives including cotton.
- Natural fibre which breaths - perfect for summer garments, hats, bags, jewellery, face washers & body scrubbers
- Single ply
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for sensitive skin
- Extremely durable and strong
- Hand spun using natural Nettle fibre
- Biodegradable and sustainable crop
- Soft and pliable - suitable for knitting, crochet, weaving & crafts.
The gorgeous hat shown is crocheted with a 4mm hook and colour Dandelion. The super easy pattern is the Basic Bucket Hat pattern available free from jennyandteddy.com.
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns.
- 100% Nettle grown in the Himalayas
- Weight: approx 100gm / 3.53oz
- Width: 1 - 2mm / 0.04 - 0.08in
- Length: approx 180m / 197 yards
- Suggested needle: 3.25 - 6mm (US 3 - 10)
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- There may be slight variations between dye lots
- Gentle machine wash or hand wash in cold water