Versatile Jute is a naturally strong fibre with a slight "fuzzy" finish which lends a wonderful texture to hanging planters, baskets, mats and bags. It's strength also makes it ideal around the home and garden for craft and general use.
Our Fairtrade Jute is soft and comfortable to touch making it easy on the hands when working with it.
Handmade by female communities in Bangladesh the manufacturing process is as pure as possible with no chemicals used to treat or soften the fibre.
Jute is 100% biodegradable and recyclable with low pesticide and fertiliser requirements for growth.
These artisans have been hand making twine and jute since 1982 and are trained in the tradition of Bengal rope makers.
- 100% natural jute material
- Weight: approx 165gm / 5.82oz
- Length: 50m / 54.7 yards
- Approx 4-5mm / 0.157 - 0.197 inch thick
- Takes dye well
- Fairtrade artisans
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Please note that the price of the Turquoise and Pink Jute has been reduced as there is some minor variation in the dye of these colours.
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment