Fern Silk is a unique Japanese yarn which is a combination of pure silk with fiddlehead fern fibre mixed through it. It is a soft silk with a beautiful matt, rustic finish from the fiddlehead fern which is randomly dispersed along the silk core.
This beautiful, traditional yarn originates from Niigata in Northern Japan. The farmers collect the edible ferns from the mountains and save the brown fibre which is picked out before cooking. The brown fern fibre is then used as an accent for the silk. Nothing goes to waste!
Fiddlehead Fern Silk is perfect for lace knitting and weaving - and is a fabulous weft yarn with great effect. Create gorgeous jewellery, scarves, garments, wraps and shawls.
- 100% silk with Japanese Fern Cotton
- Weight: 14gm / 0.5oz
- Length: 320m / 350 yards
- Lace weight
- Suggested Knitting needle: 3.5 – 3.75mm / US 3 - 5
- Habu Textiles AK-20
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash
A gorgeous product. Very pleased.
Always beautiful, high quality products! I'm always delighted with every item I have ordered from this lovely shop!
great quality! i bought it as a gift and now i just want it all for myself hahaha\ngreat packaging too <3