Kibiso Silk is a raw silk with a lovely crisp feel which adds wonderful texture to a garment or to your textile arts or weaving. It is very sculptural!
Slow crafted by a small mill in Japan, the raw silk is spun from waste silk that is normally discarded after reeling a silk cocoon. It takes dye very well due to the high sericin content.
Let your imagination run wild with this one!
- Crisp and chunky - add texture to sculptural garments, textile arts and weavings
- Weaving - can use for warp or weft
- Can be dyed.
Kibiso silk is also available in colours and a finer version.
- 100% Silk
- Weight: 28gm / 1oz
- Length: approx 18.3m / 20 yards
- Suggested knitting needle: US 6 - 13 (4.0 - 9.0 mm)
- Habu Textiles N-64
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment