Silk Stainless Steel Lace Yarn - Habu Textiles
A beautiful and unusual yarn crafted by Japan artisans. The stainless steel core is wrapped with a fine silk to give us a lace yarn which has a memory from the stainless steel! You can scrunch your finished fabric, twist it, scrunch it and it will stay in shape until you straighten it. Use it to give a gentle crinkly effect or a three dimensional finish to your handmade creation.
Available in stunning colours our Silk Stainless Steel yarn has a very elegant sheen and lustre. There is a gentle softness too – surprisingly there is no stiffness from the stainless steel.
Use Habu Silk Stainless Steel yarn to create a scarf, shawl, jacket jewelry and textile art. 1 cone will make a large scarf. Or use it to add some structure to another yarn.
- Stainless Steel wrapped with Silk
- Strong and soft
- Crafted by small mills in Japan using traditional techniques
- 69% silk / 31% stainless steel
- Weight: 14gm / 0.5oz
- Length: 284m / 311 yards
- Knitting needle: approx 2.75 – 4.0m / US 2-6
- Suggested epi for weaving: 20 – 30
- Habu Textiles A-20
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash