Our Upcycled Cotton Cord is fabulously versatile and perfect for a wide variety of crafts including bracelets, necklaces, boho jewelry, weaving, macrame, basket making and string bags.
Our soft cord is handmade by repurposing the remnant material from cotton sari manufacture - two strips of colourful sari fabric are tightly twisted together to make a very strong, pliable cord.
Each ball is unique and our selection of colours and patterns changes constantly. Let me know in the order notes if you have a colour preference (blue, green etc), otherwise I will surprise you!
- Hand twisted cord
- Vegan friendly using cotton saris
Fair trade producer
- Utilises upcycled materials
- Handmade by female artisans in Bangladesh in the tradition of Bengal rope makers
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
- 100% Upcycled Cotton
- Length: 50m / 54.6 yards
- Weight: approx 80 - 100gm / 2.8 - 3.5oz
- Diameter: approx. 2.5mm
Our beautiful Upcycled Sari Cord is available in other thicknesses and lengths. Browse the collection here.
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- There may be slight variations between dye lots
- Gentle hand wash in cold water