Habu Textiles Cotton Gima is a beautiful, knitted tape with a slightly crisp linen-feel which softens gently as you handle or wash it. "Gima" means fake-linen in Japanese.
Cotton Gima is perfect for knitting and crochet loose weave garments and bags or for weaving (warp or weft). You can also double the Cotton Gima, mix it with other yarns or try modern embroidery or sashiko for a different effect.
Checkout Ravelry for lots of patterns and ideas - just 2 - 4 cones can make a whole garment!
Knitted summer top shown is in shade Khaki #9. Pattern is "Gretel" from Coco Knits.
- 100% cotton
- Weight: approx 28gm / 1oz
- Length: 242m / 265 yards
- Approx 1.75mm / 0.068 inch width
- Habu Textiles Cotton Gima Yarn A-174
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Dry clean or hand wash
my order arrived today and I'm happy with my items 😊 thank you Kathy
I cannot say enough about this wonderful cotton tape….. for stitching
If the beautiful colors weren’t enough there is it’s strength as a Fibre and it’s superior coverage for stitching Hitomezashi Japanese stitching
The best things are found by accident!
Thankyou Debbie for your great and speedy service. I return often!😂
This is so cool and the colors are amazing... it might be my new obsession!
Beautiful colors, texture and quality!