Kibiso Raw Silk (Chunky) - Habu Textiles
Kibiso Silk is a raw silk with a lovely crisp feel which adds wonderful texture to a garment or to your textile arts or weaving. It is very sculptural!
Slow crafted by a small mill in Japan, the raw silk is spun from waste silk that is normally discarded after reeling a silk cocoon. It takes dye very well due to the high sericin content.
Let your imagination run wild with this one!
- Crisp and chunky - add texture to sculptural garments, textile arts and weavings
- Weaving - can use for warp or weft
- Can be dyed.
- 100% Silk
- Weight: 28gm / 1oz
- Length: approx 18.3m / 20 yards
- Suggested knitting needle: US 6 - 13 (4.0 - 9.0 mm)
- Habu Textiles N-64
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Hand wash in cold water
Very interesting, unusual natural yarn! I like to experiment but see something like it for the first time. I bought different types of linen, cotton and silk yarns thinking to combine them in one summer outfit (including this one.) But Im not sure if this one will serve the purpose. Nevertheless, Im excited! The quality of the fibers are exclusive! I going to try to knit a lace summer beret and a bag out of it (to complete my outfit) Lets see. \n\nDebbie, I will send you a photo. ;) Thank you!
Perfect for my latest artwork, a ceramic wall hanging. Strength and beauty. Packaged beautifully and sent quickly.
5 star rating
As a beginner, this is another "new to me" fiber and I love the texture it brings. Again, this will be an interesting fiber to experiment further with. Wonderful service given, thank you so much!