Our beautiful Raw Banana yarn has a fabulous rustic texture that lends itself perfectly to baskets, plant hangers, bags, mats, gift wrapping and textile arts.
This natural Banana yarn is light and fibrous and easy on the hands. And fabulous anywhere you want instant interest and texture. Being completely natural and unprocessed this yarn does shed a little when touched.
Banana yarn is a bast fibre made from the non-fruit bearing species of the banana plant (Musus Textillis) and is a very strong and incredibly durable fibre. This natural vegan yarn is made from the stem of the banana tree with the stem cut into chunks before the fibre is extracted. After sun drying for several days the fibre is then hand spun to create the finished yarn.
We have a coloured variation of this yarn available here.
- 100% Banana Fibre
- Length: approx 38m / 41.55 yards
- Weight: approx 100 gms / 3.5oz
- Thickness: approx 2-5mm / 0.078- 0.2in
- Eco friendly and biodegradable.
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment