Raw Silk Wrapped Stainless Steel is a very special yarn - a fine stainless steel core is wrapped with raw silk thread. It is fine - almost translucent in the light - and oh so fabulous! Don't be fooled by its delicate appearance - she is very strong!
You can use this gorgeous yarn alone or use with another. It has a very elegant sheen and is simply beautiful. Use our Raw Silk Wrapped Stainless Steel to weave, knit, crochet or to craft exquisite jewelry or textiles.
From the fabulous Japanese producer, Habu Textiles.
- 100% stainless steel wrapped with raw silk
- Weight: 10 gm / 0.37oz
- Length: 526m / 575 yards
- Suggested knitting needle: 2.75-4.00 mm (US 2-6)
- Lace / novelty
- Habu Textiles N-88
- Dyed with AZO-free dyes - eco-friendly and non-toxic
Browse our Inspirations page for creative ideas for our fabulous yarns
Nice to Know
- All ORA orders are packed in a gorgeous unbleached, calico drawstring bag
- All ORA yarns are stored away from the sunlight and in a pet free and smoke free environment
- Hand wash
Good quality . Nice packaging
This is really fabulous stuff, with a very fine, lovely, silvery sheen, but without the metallic odor and scratchiness of raw stainless fiber. It took quite a while to arrive from Australia, but the postal delivery is irregular all over, so I won't complain. I can't wait to start working on some kumihimo projects with it!